"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Freezing in Wisconsin!

As I write this post it is -8 degrees with a windchill of -32 degrees, which makes the real feel a blustery -40 degrees. Can anyone stop this insanity?! And, it is only going to get worse tomorrow. Oh, how I hate winter...did the ground hog see his shadow? I believe he did not. Which supposedly means 6 more weeks of winter. Oh, if only that were true!

Jason is at the "No Regrets" men's conference in Milwaukee today. He was out of the house bright and early...3:30 a.m. I spent the morning into early afternoon taking care of two of my friend's little girls. It's nice to have girls around and they love the boys. Kory is spending the afternoon at his friend, Alex's birthday party. Kyle and I braved the cold (and Wal-Mart on a Saturday) and went and got the much needed groceries. And in about 15 minutes we are off to hang out with our friends the Yachs, eat pizza and watch "Take the Lead" while we are waiting for our husbands to return home. I am looking forward to the visit, just not having to go out in the frigid weather :(

This past week was filled with craziness. Jason and I went downhill skiing for the first time on Tuesday evening (with the temperatures in the single digits). I was extremely nervous anticipating this event; however, I found that it's not as hard as it looks. I caught on very fast and by the end of the 3 hours I was parallel skiing! Jason did quite well also; however, needs a little more practice before conquering the big hill :) I did not come out of the evening unscathed however. I did take a couple of nasty falls and I have huge bruises to prove it. Let's just say sleeping on my side was not an option for a couple of nights! I also managed to bruise my hands somehow while flipping and sliding down the slope...so on Wednesday I walked around with my hands raised in the air because hanging them at my sides caused severe throbbing and pain.

I spent my days this week at my friend Jessica's house assembling diaper cakes. We are hosting a baby shower for our friend, Ali (the pregnant one in the pictures below). Anyway, I have to say we did a splendid job, but I really don't want to look at anymore diapers, onesies, washclothes, and burp clothes for awhile. Once the cakes were finished we were onto the invitations. Who knew this many hours went into a baby shower?




My friend Emily is now back from vacation with her pictures. So I thought I would send you proof of the real craziness.

This week is filled with more business and hopefully warmer weather. We are going to friends' house for the super bowl...go Colts! Monday brings with it a consultation with Kyle's dentist. He needs quite a bit of work done on his teeth so we get to go and listen to the dentist explain what the head gear with do and how much money we will owe him:) Tuesday, Cub Scouts for the boys and I will be going to Hope Pregnancy Center for a tour with our youth group; Wednesday, One Way/G180; and then Jason leaves for Madison and will be back on Friday evening. Friday evening Jason's aunt, uncle and cousin are coming into town to go skiing (hence the mini skiing lessons on Tuesday) and Saturday will be spent on the slopes. Wow, with all this running, I hope to burn some major calories!

Anyway, I hope you are all doing well. It should would be great to hear from you :)

Have a great week and God bless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I visited today. Dad Rieth

The Rieth Family said...

Thanks, I hope all is well with you in Grand Forks. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi again!

I read that the groundhog did not see his shadow so there will be an early spring. I will believe it when I see it, but I sure hope that is true.

If it makes you feel any better, it was -1 degrees here in Kansas this morning. I am tired of the cold and ready for spring and summer, too.

Have a great night!

June

The Rieth Family said...

Hey June,

I does make me feel a little better to know that you Kansan's are enduring some below zero weather :)

Take care,
Stacey