"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, March 05, 2007

Tea Time at the Spa


Thursday I enjoyed an evening out with the girls at the spa. My friend, Alison, is pregnant and due in 4 weeks so we decided she needed some pampering and an evening to relax. So we treated her to a maternity massage. Each of us also enjoyed a couple of the spa's mini services. I am all about the scalp massage, especially after driving there in a winter storm! In between our pampering we enjoyed tea and the most amazing mini-sandwiches and squash soup. It was a wonderful evening spent with the girls. And, Alison loved the massage. Maybe we'll have to treat her to another massage after the little one gets here :)



Kory's flu bug mutated into something else and attached itself to me this week. I have been battling the worst cold I think I may have ever had. I pretty much just existed last week, shuffling through my crazy, busy days in delirium. Not a good spot to be in when you have to do a word study on "fruit" on all the New Testament passages. Because I was not able to stop and rest until yesterday (Sunday), my cold has taken on it's own identity within my body. Due to body-wrenching coughing spells, my stomach feels like I have done the equivilant of 2000 sit-ups (I guess the ab workout can wait a week). My nose went from running endlessly one minute to being completely plugged the next. How frustrating! I did get a good night's rest last night and felt much better this morning. As the day goes on, I can feel the energy depleting from my body so I think a nap is in order this afternoon :)
Anyway, Saturday my friend Jessica and I hosted a baby shower (remember the diaper cakes?)for Alison. I think there were around 65 ladies that attended. Alison was very grateful and enjoyed the day. She also made a haul in gifts. The theme was "The A,B,C's of Godly Parenting". The room was decorated with blocks and diaper cakes. The devotion was given by a number of ladies who were given specific letters of the alphabet and asked to come up with a word beginning with that letter and some wisdom or bible verse to go along with it. Any guesses what letters I received?! W & X! It took a little creativity on the letter "X", but upon searching Greek, a word was found.

Because so much work went into the diaper cakes and they no longer have to be a surprise, I must show you a few pictures of them.





Maybe we should start a business?!

When I picked Kory up today he was in the office with an injury...

sliding hills and our family don't get along, I guess. Apparently, while body sliding down a hill today, his face met the ice. Hmmmm...shall I say "like father, like son"?

On my "to do" list for today, one item is to update my March calendar. By the looks of it, March is already full. I think we only have one weekend that is not scheduled with something. Thank goodness March ends with spring break, I think we'll need it.

I hope you all are staying healthy...have a great week!

1 comment:

Emily Koehler said...

My head is NOT that big. Honestly. What wonderful pics to have of me. Goodness.