"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fishing with Daddy

After our crazy, busy weekend of fixing up the boat, church, Jason's meeting for the summer missions trip, choir practice and baseball practice, the boys (Dad included) enjoyed the beautiful weather and some fishing. They had some success: Kyle - 3 walleye, Dad - 3 walleye, and Kory - possibly 1 (he wasn't into the fishing part too much, his mind was on other matters...not peeing his pants!). You know, no matter how many times we tell the boys that they must go to the bathroom before going fishing or any other activity, they still choose not to and therefore, you are left with one of them undoubtedly having to go at the most inopportune time. In this instance, it would be Kory. Of course, he didn't have to go while still on shore...nope, it had to be in the middle of the lake. And, because he is sooooo stubborn, he refused to go off the side of the boat. This made for a miserable little boy and a very unhappy dad! (He did finally decide it was an okay thing to do after seeing his big brother do it).




Honest, it was a nice day! 60 degrees in fact. However, on the water, it feels much cooler and, they fished between 5 p.m. & 8 p.m.

While the boys were away, mom went shopping! I too had success: 1 pair of tennis shoes for Kory; 1 pair of jeans for Kyle; and, 2 sweatshirts for me. After shopping I enjoyed having the house to myself. I cleaned a little and did my HipHop Abs workout (extremely fun). I'll be out at the clubs in no time, busting out my hip hop moves....ha, ha, ha....yeah, right!

ENJOYING THE SPRINGTIME WEATHER
The weather has been beautiful the last few days. And it looks like it's here to stay....yahoo! The kids are enjoying being able to play outside and not having to be bundled up to do so.





Katie and Kyle enjoying the sidewalk chalk and dump trucks.




Kory and Alex making a mountain in the sandbox.

This week is pretty slow, but it is going to get crazy again come weekend. We have a birthday party to attend on Saturday. On Sunday, Jason and I are teaching 4 & 5 yr. old Children's Church and after the services, Jason and I have choir practice for the spring musical on May 20th.

Next week we will be preparing for a visit from my sister and her family! We haven't seen them since the beginning of December. We are so excited! I'll have lots to write about next post!

Have a great week.

2 comments:

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

And I thought I was busy!! I'm so glad you guys are finally getting a dose of sprint. You are overdue. I love stopping by and seeing you guys.

Talk to you soon!

Nichole

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

Ooops, I ment to type SPRING!!!