"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, August 13, 2007

Twelve years ago we said, "I do"

August 12, 1995, marked the day we became Mr. and Mrs. Jason Rieth.



Then....

and now...

The best thing about marrying Jason has been the fact that I have shared the last 12 years with my best friend; watching him grow in his faith and character; and, his uncanny ability to make my world at peace by just his presence. I have truly been blessed! Jason understands me probably better than I understand myself and has given God room to refine me and grow into who I am today.


We were able to go out to dinner on the 11th and filled our stomachs with halibut for Jason and a ribeye steak, garlic mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus for me. I get to enjoy the leftovers today! We reminisced about the last 12 years, the good, the bad, the up's and the down's. Thankfully, we have had more good than bad and more up's than down's, but truly know that we wouldn't be where we are today without any of them. God definitely made us for eachother and I am so thankful.

Thirteen more and we'll be celebrating our 25th! And, being married at 20, we do have the potential of making 60! I doubt I'll still be blogging at 80, but if I am, I don't think I'll be posting the "then and now" pictures!

4 comments:

June Duehring said...

Happy Anniversary!

Our 12th anniversary is next month.

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

12 years! WOW. How cool. I loved reading about your Missions Trip. I know ours to Mexico 4 years ago perminately changed my life. Glad you guys are doing good.

Nichole

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! How fast that time went! Still remember the LONG trip to WI with Grandma Ida and Jason to deliver him to the wedding. What a great time. We enjoy reading your updates. Keep them coming. Glad to hear you had such a great missions trip! Isn't it neat to get out of the "comfort zone" and see God in a whole new way??? We think of you guys often and hope you are all doing well! Keep in touch when you can.
Love,
Doug, Michelle, Joe, Kate and Grace

Anonymous said...

PS: And you both STILL look the same! Not much aging going on - which is a great thing!!!