"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, September 24, 2007

Church Ladies go...Paintballing

On Saturday I had the one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life...paintball! Dressed in full camo armed with a gun full of ammo, we headed out to the first course. We divided into teams, formed a strategy and the game began. We took off with the goal to capture the orange teams' flag. Our strategy didn't quite work, the orange team conquered us. Alison, Jessica and me

There were several courses, but I would have to say that the "Gates of Hell" was my favorite. I was down in the trenches defending our territory. People were getting hit left and right, but I was advancing. I made it to an opening and hit the ground, crawling on my belly to accomplish our goal...the flag. I had paintballs flying over my head and I was shooting back until I ran out of ammo. I ditched the gun and began crawling like a mad woman. I made it within 6 feet of the flag and then the whistle blew, the game was done...ahhh...so close!

Pretty hard core, wouldn't you say?

The last course we did was pretty much charge and unload. Awesome! This time I did capture the flag!

I made it through the day with only a few bruises. The biggest ones being from when I was running through the woods, tripped and fell flat on my face. I'm sure I looked ridiculous. The whole group made it through the day without too many horrible bruises...there were only a couple neck and face shots...ouch! All-in-all it was a great day. Who knew shooting your friends could be such fun!

We have a crazy busy week; however, today I have the day to myself. I think I'll relax and prepare myself for the remainder of the week. I hope you all have a wonderful week.

1 comment:

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

First hunting and now paintball!! What will you be up to next??

Glad to see you guys are having a good time at life. We love stopping by and seeing you.

:o)