How sweet is he!
As great as my Valentine's Day was for me, I can't help but think of what this day means for so many. It makes my heart weep. Everywhere there are broken hearts as people grieve a love they can't have, a love that they tried to hold onto and lost, a love that remains just beyond their grasp. A love that is never quite what they desire it to be. Human love as it is designed will always disappoint us. The love that they seek, the forgiveness and grace that they long for, a love that remains and reaches through time and space, past all hurt and rejection is held in the scared hands our our Savior, Jesus Christ. So I pray for those that are looking for love in all the wrong places as the old song states. I pray that their song can be turned from one of sadness to one of joy...
Jesus, Lover of my soul,
Jesus, I will never let you go
You’ve taken me from the miry clay
You've set my feet upon the Rock, and now I know
I love you, I need you,
Though my world may fall, I’ll never let you go
My Saviour, my closest friend,
I will worship you until the very end.
May you make Jesus the lover of your soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment