"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I think I left off last time with us waiting for a visit with Jason's Grandma. Well, they made it here safely (surprisingly, since every road in Wausau is under construction) and it was good to see Ron, Bonnie, Grandma and Ella. We enjoyed a delicious meal together and wonderful conversation. I would have pictures, but after downloading some pictures off my camera, I forgot to put the memory card back in it. One can't take pictures very well without that!

I (we) said good-bye to our Grand Am and HELLO to a new mini-van. Our Grand Am served us well and it's now in the hands of a 16-year old (a family from our church bought it). We now have adequate room for traveling, just no time to take a trip! The boys are now more excited in the mornings to ride in the van than they are to go to school.


I was able to spend last weekend away from the boys at a Women's Retreat. It was relaxing and an enjoyable time spent with friends and studying God's word. I feel very relaxed and refreshed! Don't we all need that every now and again.

Jason was at the Packers game on Sunday. As usual the Packers stunk it up, but at least he had a beautiful day to be outside!

As promised, I did get a picture of the hillside behind the boys' school. I only wish the picture captured the beauty more. I guess if you want to see it, you'll have to come for a visit in the fall!


Last night we began the dreaded fall task of raking leaves. The boys took pleasure in throwing them in the air and jumping in the pile. All the leaves from the trees in our yard are gone; however, our neighbor still has quite a few on his trees. We are hoping that all the wind comes from the east for the next few weeks. They are predicting snow on Wednesday. I am so not ready for that!

Jason built a fire while we were raking. Kyle, Kory and our neighbor boy, Cody, kept warm by burning sticks. And when we were all done, Jason made some smores.

We have begun another hectic week...cub scouts, G180 & One Way, a Wild Beast Feast (for Jason), a wedding and a pig roast. Do you think life will ever slow down? I suppose not, but we will take moments to stop and enjoy what God has blessed us with.

I hope you are all doing well. Drop us a line and let us know. Have a wonderful week and God bless.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Stacey! It sure is fall. I forget it's getting colder in other parts of the country when we are still running our AC and dressed in shorts and tanks. That's GA for ya! Anyhow, it's BEAUTIFUL! Wish I could see it in person.