"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, January 15, 2007

A Night Out....At the Symphony


Jason and I broadened our horizons this past weekend by attending the Hamburg Symphony at the Grand Theater. A friend of ours had two extra tickets and invited us to join her. It was a wonderful evening out. A long overdue evening out! The music was beautiful and it was amazing to watch them master their instruments. However, by the third composer and 2nd movement of the piece, we were ready for it to be over. I don't know if they were playing to our unsophisication , but they ended with what we know as "Beef, it's what's for dinner". We laughed at the fact that that was the only piece we recognized. Anyway, I'm good for another year or two :) At least I was able to get dressed up and act sophisicated for an evening.
Kory came down with a bad cold so he has missed two days of school. I am hoping he gets over it quickly and none of the rest of us come down with it.
This weekend we are going to a fondue party at our friends' house. I hear the chocolate & strawberries calling my name...yum! Oh yeah, the steak and chicken should be good too.
Anyway, there isn't too much to report this week. We are all doing well (except for the cold) and looking forward to enjoying a very unscheduled, relaxing week. Take care and God bless.




3 comments:

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

Hey Stacy!

I got our message and it occured to me I hadn't been on your blog for awhile. You look sooooo pretty!

I hope you guys are enjoying life. Glad you got out on a date!!
I'll make sure to check back more often.

:o) Nichole

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacy & Jason,
You both look very nice! You did a good job with yourself. We are going to Arkansas this weekend to check up on the kids. I have a bad cold too! I'll pray that Kory get's well fast...cause I feel terrible.

All my love,
Christy

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason- nice tie!