Mom, I'll love you even when...

I'm all grown up, Happy Mother's Day!
(This is the card I received from Kory today. It made
my heart melt completely.)
A MOTHER...
When you're a child she walks before you,
To set an example.
When you're a teenager she walks behind you
When you're a teenager she walks behind you
To be there should you need her.
When you're an adult she walks beside you
When you're an adult she walks beside you
So that as two friends you can enjoy life together.
~Author Unknown~
~Author Unknown~
As I reflect on being a mother and the challenges that go with it...Will my child ever be potty-trained?...Will he go to school with a pacifier? And as I am trudging through the stage of indifference (you know, the "I don't know" and "I don't care" answers to every question). With fear and trepidation I will enter the years of puberty with an eye-rolling teenager. But I will ever be thankful that God has given me and my boys (Jason included) the ability to laugh. Without it, I might just go crazy! Laughter soothes the soul and is the best medicine.
God's blessings to all the mothers that are in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment