"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!


Jason came home with this beautiful boutique, a frappacino and Starbuck's gift card. What a wonderful gift! I'll be frequenting Starbuck's for awhile!


Can you guess how old?




My friends Ali (baby Carter), Emily & Jessica (and Alaina) helped me celebrate my day by taking me to lunch. It was very thoughtful of them. They even sang "happy birthday" to me in the middle of the restaurant (those of you who know me know that this makes me really uncomfortable and embarrassed. I did survive however)



Alaina





Kory












Carter

The rest of my day was filled with the duties of "normal" life...washing clothes, cleaning house, etc. I spent my evening at the ball field watching Kyle play.


After Kyle's baseball game last Thursday we took off for Grandma and Grandpa's (at 8:30 p.m.). It is a 3-hour drive and Jason having been up since 5:15 a.m. was just a little delirious by the time we arrived at 11:30 that evening. Apparently he was waiting for me to offer to drive and I was waiting for him to just stop and say, "you have to drive". Aside from the delirium and misunderstanding we arrived safely. On Friday we spent most of the day with my dad and his wife, Sheila. They have 5 horses one of which was a week-old colt. They are beautiful horses and the boys loved petting them and feeding them hay.


Abby & Sheyenne

Sheyenne




The boys and Grandpa petting Sheyenne


Annie

Haas

Raindrop


Annie & Raindrop

The boys playing on the hay

My mom and I spent Saturday together at a Mother/Daughter brunch hosted by her church. We had such a wonderful time together. The boys spent the day helping dad and grandpa build sections of a dock and put it in the lake. After all the work was done Dad and Kyle did some fishing.



Oh and Friday night Jason, Kyle and I went to a Phillips, Craig and Dean concert in Minneapolis. How awesome!

Have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

June Duehring said...

Happy Birthday! Was your birthday on the 14th? It seems like I remember that Evan was due on your birthday. I guess that you are somewhere in your 30's. Maybe 32? I am 35 now.

The Rieth Family said...

Yes it is on the 14th and you guessed correctly, I am 32.

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

I love seeing what you guys are up to. Hope youll have a great summer with the kids!

Anonymous said...

Dear Rieths,

It was good to catch up on your news. Good to visit with you, Jason. Stacey, did you get your birthday present? Kyle, wish I could see you play a game. And Kory, congratulations on your ABC's.

Love, Dad Rieth