"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, June 04, 2007

Good-bye Kansas...Hello Wisconsin!

It's official, we are now permanent Wisconsin residents. The decision was made in January that we were not going to move back to Kansas when the Weston 4 project was finished, but were unable to say anything until now. Last Friday was Jason's last day as an employee of Black & Veatch. It was a day filled with mixed emotions, he was sad to leave a great company, but excited to start anew with his new employer. He was very blessed to have worked at Black & Veatch for 8 years and is thankful for all of the friendships he made and the experienced he gained, which has only prepared him for his new venture. He has accepted a job with a local company, Miron Construction, and began working there today. He will manage projects and develop an internal structural engineering capability within the company. It was a difficult decision for him to make, but we feel that Wausau is the best place for our family.

Now for a little catch-up on what has been taking place in our house for the past two weeks. I chaperoned one of Kyle's field trips to the EAA Muesem in Oshkosh, WI. So for a day I was responsible for keeping track of eight 3rd graders in a muesem filled with airplanes. I think it went rather well, but was exhausted when we returned home. Exhaustion and all I was glad I was able to do this with Kyle, I know it meant the world to him. (also I'd better do now, while I'm still cool!). Kyle was in as close to heaven on earth as possible. He is absolutely enthralled with airplanes, how they work, etc. and then add history on top of that. I don't know if his brain could have taken in anymore information. We took alot of pictures, which will make an awesome page in his scrapbook (whenever I get back to that!).

We made another trip to Grandma and Grandpa's for Memorial Day weekend (see I told you we would fill that weekend up with something). It was so relaxing...pontoon rides around the lake, campfires with s'mores... The boys did tons of fishing and we had a fish fry one evening. And discovered that I too have a mild allergy to fish. So I will join ranks with Kyle and avoid all fish products! We ate some fabulous mexican food before going to see "Shrek the Third"...funny, but still not as good as "Shrek 2". The animation in those movies still amaze me.

Last Friday, Jason and Kyle went to a Brewers game with a bunch of people from church. They began their trek in a school bus (a bus that is much too small for a grown man to ride in for 4 hours) at 2 p.m. on Friday and ended at 2:45 a.m. Saturday. They had a wonderful time and the Brewers won! Saturday started out a little slow...Jason and Kyle weren't vertical until 10:30.

We spent the day outside on Saturday doing yardwork. We first had to go and purchase the plants, flowers and bird feeders, which took a couple hours. Jason mowed the lawn and hung the bird feeders, while I planted the flowers. Jason is very disappointed that the birds have not found the feeders, only the squirrels and deer. However, he has been getting some target practice with Kyle's BB gun and the squirrels. I have to go purchase a couple more flowers that became a deer's midnight snack! My project for the evening is to mix up my "Deer Away" recipe and spray all of my plants. I truly hope it works. I know I certainly wouldn't eat anything that contained eggs, milk, vegetable oil and dishwashing liquid.

This is the boys' last week of school...yahoo! We are very much looking forward to some lazy summer days. We only have a couple trips planned this summer. Jason is going on a 10-day missions trip to the Dominican Republic in July. While he is away, the boys and I are planning on making a trip to Kansas City to see my sister and her family. So those of you who read this and live in Kansas, I'll be coming to see you!

Well, that's all the news from the Rieth family. Have a great week.

No comments: