"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, July 02, 2007

Catch up

Whew! Sorry it has been awhile since I last posted. Our days and nights were plump full of miscellaneous things. But, I am now happy to report that things are slowing down a bit. The baseball season is over and it ended with a 2-17 record. Not great, but at least they didn't end the season at the very bottom. It was exciting to watch them improve and work together as a team with each game. During the season Kyle never got a hit (just a piece of it a few times), but did get on base a few times via a "walk". Two of the times on base he made it home...yea! We are very proud of him and the effort he put forth. Now he is onto swimming lessons and tennis lessons. When those are over and we head into the new school year, he will begin guitar lessons and eventually wants to learn how to play the drums...yikes...headaches, come on down! These have to be better than the recorder, right?


Now I need to prepare you for the pictures you are about to see. I never thought I would be doing this yet. I love my blonde-haired little boy, but Kyle has been asking to dye his hair for months now. Who thought it would start at 9. Anyway, Jason and I gave in. It's not like he is asking to permanently color his skin with a tattoo or put a hole in some part of his body...it's just hair, right?! (I'm sure the aformentioned things are coming!) So yesterday afternoon while dad was fishing, the boys and I made a trip to Wal-Mart to choose the new color. I was fully prepared to dye Kyle's hair, but wasn't quite prepared for Kory (who is 5) to also request that his hair not be this color anymore. I was also shocked by how excited they were to sit and have stuff squirted on their heads and sit and wait some more. Especially when they can hardly make it through a haircut without complaining and asking when it will be done. Anyway, the following is evidence of yesterday afternoon's experiment...



Kyle before

The processing time

The new look


Kory before


Processing...

The new Kory
It isn't quite the color I had hoped for, but I guess it will do for now. A couple of haircuts later and it will be gone! I guess I can always say that we are entering the witness protection program. I can only hope that this is now out of their system and they will be content to remain blonde until their hair naturally becomes darker.
Jason and I have embarked on a very large landscaping project for this summer... our backyard! Three weeks ago we had a landscape designer come out to the house to talk with us about what we would like to see done with our yard. Well, she is now done with her "plan" and we meet with her tomorrow evening to see what needs to be done. I can only imagine the exorbinate amount of money it will be to complete it all...I think it will be scaled down a bit :) But, when it is all done, it will be nice to have a patio and some living things back there besides the deer and the squirrels.
This week is a catch up week. We only have a few extra-curricular activities during the day (swimming lessons) and all but one of our evenings are free! And we have the bonus of dad being home for a day in the middle of the week...yea! We are not sure what we will be doing for the 4th, but for sure will be finding fireworks to attend somewhere!
Have a happy 4th of July and God bless.

2 comments:

Dave, Nichole & Phoebe said...

Hey Stacy-

It sounds like you're having a great summer. Don't kids grow-up too fast?! Phoebe wanted her hair chopped off. It's cute, but it's almost as short as Kyles. What next?? We've had a great summer so far. We just came from KC and got to see the Truxaw Clan. What a great family too.

I love stopping by to see what you guys are up to. Good luck with the new yard.

:o)

The Rieth Family said...

Hey Nichole,

Our summer is going by much too quickly. But we are enjoying every minute of it. We are taking off to KC on Friday to see my sister and family. We are going to miss the Truxaw clan as they will be in Florida :( I figured we would hang out in KC while Jason is in the D.R., maybe then we won't miss him so much:)

Let's just say that the plans for the yard are beautiful, now it's just coming up with the money to complete it!