"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Oscars Anyone?

HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD!

Jason's company is building the new Women's Community Center here in Wausau so on Friday evening we were invited to the kick-off to the project...their fundraiser "Hooray for Hollywood" dinner with a live/silent auction. There were around 200 people that attended from several businesses all decked out in "Oscar Attire" or dressed as their favorite Hollywood actor/actress. Jack Sparrow made an appearance, as did characters from Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds"...with birds and all! Some of the people were very creative. Every table had it's own movie theme...we were seated at the "Wizard of Oz" table. Wish I would have known that, I would have gone as Dorothy. We had a wonderful time. It was fun to reach back into the depths of my closet for the "elegant" dresses and be regal and sophisticated for an evening. I'm not sure how well the fundraiser went but when we left the auction items were going for a pretty penny so I'm sure they did quite well. My dad and his wife came into town on Friday and took the boys bowling while Jason and I were attending the fundraiser. We had a relaxing Saturday with them and so far a hectic Sunday...church, a birthday party and a seminar back at church this evening. I'm looking forward to a relatively slow week this week. Take care and God bless!


No comments: