
Our Easter Sunday began with waking early to get the pork loin stuffed and ready to go (well Jason did that) and getting everyone showered and dressed in their Sunday best so we could get to church on time for breakfast. Due to hair issues we arrived at church at 8:35 and by the time we

got through the breakfast line, we had about 10 minutes to slam down some scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage and OJ. Remarkably we did it and made into the service with 5 minutes to spare! The service was wonderful. Our church doesn't often sing hymns, but there's something wonderful about Easter and singing the good 'ol favorites.

We got home from church around 10:45 and Jason began cooking the most AMAZING meal ever! I can only take credit for picking out the recipe, he was the master at cooking it...pork loin stuffed with hazelnut stuffing with a wild blueberry sauce, sweet potatoes and veggies in Alfredo sauce (I actually made those). Our dear friends, Paul and Linda, joined us for lunch and spent the rest of the afternoon with us. It was wonderful to be able to spend the day with them.
We took advantage of having them here to take a family picture. Jason's earlier attempt at it left us with a picture of chopped off heads and chins. I gave us a great laugh though! I guess his arms aren't as long as we thought...hee, hee, hee!
The Family Shot
Paul & Linda with the boys
For dessert Linda thought it would be fun for the boys to make bunny cakes so she came prepared with the directions and all of the fixin's. They had a blast. Here's some shots of their little projects...
Kory & Paul's Bunny
Kyle & Linda's Bunny
All-in-all we had a wonderful Easter celebrating our Savior's death, burial and resurrection. What joy we have in the gift of salvation God gave to us through the death of His son!
This week is the boys' spring break so we have been hanging out here at the house. They have put in many hours of PS2 already. Today we joined Jason at his office for lunch and then made the dreaded trip to Wal-Mart for a few groceries...ugh...I hate Wal-Mart, but it's just too convenient! The boys were happy as they were able to spend some of their money on a Star Wars Lego ship and some other Star Wars ship. It's kept them entertained (and off of all electronic devices) for 4 hours so far!
Tomorrow Kory is going over to a friend's house for a couple of hours. On Thursday, Jason and Kyle are taking off for South Dakota for pheasant hunting. (I personally think they are crazy!) Their plans are to be gone Thursday through late Saturday. I'm thinking that it will most likely be Sunday before Kory and I see their faces again. It's a pretty long haul from here to South Dakota! Hopefully they will be rewarded with many pheasants to bring home! Kory and I will keep up the homestead while they are away. We plan to go bowling with another one of Kory's friends on Thursday afternoon. Friday and Saturday's plans are still up in the air, but I'm sure we'll find something to do to make the time go by faster.
I hope you all had a blessed Easter. Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment