"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Friday, July 11, 2008

VICTORY!

YES...YAY...HOORAY...YIPPEE! Kory has finally master the fine art of riding a two-wheel bike. As some of you may know, this is something that Kory has stubbornly refused to learn. Let me digress a little...Kory is our amazing little boy whom we love dearly...however you cannot talk this child into trying anything new....EVER! Learning to ride a bike has been a topic every spring/summer for the past 3 years. We tried everything to get him to try...bribbery...peer-pressure...you know all the tricks parents pull out in these moments. He would always respond with, "I don't want to right now, maybe when I am 5". (then it became 6...then 7)....AAAAAAHHHH! Anyway, two weeks ago he said he would try so off came the training wheels much to my delight. Well, a couple of crashes later and he was through and all my excitement and hope at the possibility of my youngest FINALLY riding a two-wheeler crumbled. So I collected myself and resolved not to scream or pull out my hair and just threw up my hands and thought, "surley he will learn by the time he graduates from high school?"

Well, one of the most gratifying days of this little boys life was Wednesday after soccer. We pulled in the driveway...Jason and I headed to check out landscaping and all of sudden we hear all of this shouting. We ran to the front to see Kory riding down the street...ALL BY HIMSELF! And his comment now was, "That was AWESOME! I had so much fun!" The best part...Kyle taught him (apparently he was the one that had the most patience!)

As with anything else, once Kory sets his mind to finally trying something, he has it mastered in a day! He went from nothing to hopping on his bike and flying down the street!

So onto new adventures with Kory Douglas :)

No comments: