"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break and Beyond

Whew...we have been so busy I haven't been able to keep all of you updated like I want. Please bear with me! The end of March was Spring Break (however, in Wisconsin, it's still winter!). Anyway, we took the boys to Wisconsin Dells for a couple of days and stayed at the Kalahari Hotel & Resort. This is a massive complex complete with a indoor and outdoor waterpark, movie theater and theme park. Our room was, of course, in a whole other wing and was literally a 2-3 mile walk to the waterpark! The boys had a blast and it was nice to get away from Wausau for a few days. Jason and Kyle also got to try their hand at surfing. Unfortunately, I was across the waterpark with Kory so was unable to get any pictures. I don't believe either of them ever got to their feet, but did ride the board on their knees for quite a while. It looked like a lot of fun, but I didn't have an "appropriate" swimwear along to attempt it. Seriously, you need a wet suit...the boys had a hard time keeping their shorts on!

The boys enjoying a ride along the lazy river, which lead into the wave pool. There was some serious current in that wave pool...I had a difficult time not being knocked to my butt!





We spent one of the mornings at the theme park, which had go-carts, a ferris wheel, rock climbing wall, mini-golf, laser tag, bowling and a ropes course...just to name a few. We rode the ferris wheel and played mini-golf and laser tag. The line was way too long for the go-carts and the boys really wanted to get to the waterpark!
The last weekend of Spring Break we took a trip to my mom's to visit with my sister and her family who had driven up from Kansas City. It was too short of a trip, but it was so good to see all of them again. Tara's kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe Kayla is 14! The kids picked up right where they left off...never skipping a beat as though they had just seen each other yesterday. It was sad to have the time end, but will hopefully see them again this summer.
Of course when we are all together we have to take family pictures much to the kiddos dismay!


Jeremy, Tara, Kayla (14), Blaine (11) and Brian (9)
Me, Jason, Kory & Kyle


My sis and I with Mom


The whole crew with Grandma and Grandpa

The weekend after Spring Break, my mom and step-dad came to visit and my mom was able to stay a few days. While she was here we decided to paint the boys' bedrooms and decorate them as they wanted them. So here they are all completed...

Kyle's "Brewer's" room

Kory's "Harley Davidson" room

I spent last week finishing up the rooms and cleaning out closets...yuck! Then we headed on into Easter. We spent Easter with our friends, Josh and Emily, at Josh's parent's house; enjoyed a delicious ham, salads and all sorts of yummy desserts! It was a beautiful day too...the sun was actually shining!


Jason is gone the first part of this week to Nebraska, then to Minneapolis on Thursday. He'll be home Friday and we are going out to eat with some friends. On Saturday I am headed to Appleton for a girls weekend with my friend, Emily. I am so excited to get away and do girl things and have no real schedule! I will be leaving the boys on their own to go turkey hunting...I hope they have good luck. I can't wait to hear the stories from that adventure...turkey blinds + Kory = a potential for disaster :)...hee, hee!

Well have a good week and God bless.

No comments: