"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Friday, June 11, 2010

First Week of Summer 2010

Well, I guess it's only fitting that I beginning blogging again when summer begins! The last 9 months just simply got away from me! Beginning my days at 6 am (I know this in normal for alot of people, but was new to me!); uping my hours at work; two days in Kory's class; carpooling; sports; band concerts...just to name a few...I just couldn't find the time to sit down and keep blogging. So I have great aspirations to begin again and stick with it!

The school year was good for both of the boys. Kyle did extremely well in 6th grade...highest honors all 4 quarters! Way to go! He joined band at the beginning of the year and now plays the trumpet...pretty good too, FOR NOT PRACTICING! Right now he is the middle of his baseball season and they are undefeated! Yippee! Next week he leaves for a trip with his grandparents to Hawaii for 10 days. *jealous* He is so excited he can hardly contain himself. Since he such a planner, he has been on me for weeks to get all things in place..."Mom, we need to go get...(you name, he needs it!)." It will be different not having him around the house for 10 days, but I know he will have a BLAST! Kyle has also grown up so much this past year...he is only 5" shorter than me, but has well surpassed me in shoe size...not too far behind his dad...yikes!

Kory also did extremely well in 2nd grade. Right at grade level or advanced depending on the subject all 4 quarters! Yippee! He always has a story to share and a laugh ready to bubble out at any given moment. He still in always on the go and NEVER quiet, even while sleeping! He is looking forward to soccer starting in July and is NOT looking forward to Kyle leaving for 10 days. Kyle is the best in Kory's eyes and he will greatly miss his best friend while Kyle is away.

As for me, I have been busy with work, balancing the family schedule, keeping track of Jason's travel all over the countryside, and helping out friends and family when and where needed.

Jason has been extremely busy at work, as I mentioned before, he is traveling quite a bit, BUT I am sooooo thankful for his dedication and hard work to support our family and thankful that he has a job, even though we miss him terribly while he is away :(

Jason and I are looking forward to celebrating our 15th anniversary with our friends and family in August. Can't believe it's already been almost 15 years. I guess time flies when you spend everyday with your best friend!

Well, through the busyness we have had a few moments to relax and enjoy eachother and are looking forward to spending more time doing so this summer.

I'll keep you all updated on us throughout the summer...sorry I left you hanging for 9 months!

No comments: