"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Adoption!

Hey all,

I know, I know...this blog has been neglected for so long, but now I have some exciting news to write about! (Not that our lives aren't exciting now, it's just normal to me so I lack the inspiration to write). Anyway, Jason and I have decided that our family wasn't quite complete so we are adopting. We are going through Celebrate Children International's Ethiopia program and hoping to have at least one little girl between the ages of 3 & 6 join our little family of four. We are; however, not saying no to a sibling set of the same or mixed gender.

God has laid it upon our hearts some time ago and after much prayer and conversations, we are stepping out in faith and obeying what God is asking of us...to take care of the orphans...! We really feel that, obviously, God's timing is perfect and that we are right where He needs us to be to bring a new member into our family.

So with that being said...the application was placed in the UPS overnight box today! We meet with our social worker on Thursday and I am trying to prepare myself for the paperwork that is to come!

As this progress, I will keep you posted! If you would join us in prayer for this little one and our family that would be great!!!

No comments: