Yay! We are officially accepted at Celebrate Children International Adoption Agency. Not that we really had any doubts, but to finally see those words..."Congratulations, your application has been accepted!" was AWESOME!
So you all might be wondering what this means and where we are at. Our next step is to send in Celebrate Children's (CCI)contract with their fee. Once they receive that then we are official clients of CCI. Our homestudy is underway...we have completed and collected the necessary documents for our social worker at Lutheran Social Services. We now have to complete education classes (2 full days); visit from Beth (our social worker); then receive the completed homestudy for our dossier. In this first "waiting" period I have collected the documents for our dossier (i.e. birth certificates, marriage license, medical clearance letters, etc.) Now the rest is stuff I have to do on a personal level (i.e. cover letter, photo page, passport pic's, etc). At this point I am feeling pretty good about our progress...I don't think it should take too long after completion of our homestudy to complete the dossier.
I have to keep reminding myself to treat this like a pregnancy. One step at a time, one month at a time...in the end a child does come home. Patience, patience, patience! For of those of you who know me well, this is a huge struggle for me, I very much lack patience and usually want things done yesterday. BUT, God is good and with complete surrender to HIM each day, keeps me focused and patient. Now I am sure that I will have many more impatient, testing days, but we will continue to walk in obedience...we will walk by faith, not by sight!
No comments:
Post a Comment