"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Thursday, November 10, 2011

And the months go by...

Time keeps passing by, all too quickly for me. However, in the same sense, not fast enough. It is a perplexing push and pull of my heart. With each passing day, I wish time could stand still because I do not want my boys to get any older, but I wish for time to race by so that my other three children will be home FOREVER. Kory just celebrated his 10th birthday and Kyle's 14th is three short days away. I can remember details of their entries into this world like it was yesterday. Oh how I miss those chubby little hands grabbing hold of mine for comfort, exploration and guidance. Don't get me wrong, they still seek those things, it just looks different. In my heart, I will always have hold of their chubby little hands. Now it is hard for me to grasp that Kyle is 9 short months from being a freshman and Kory entering his last year of grade school. *sigh*….tear…. Then on the flip side, 5 months from now seems like an eternity and that is the shortest possible time before I can meet my three beautiful children…to physically touch their precious faces, hear them talk and laugh and hold their little hands. To think of the possibility of it being the shortest 17 months or longest 27 months from now before they’ll be home forever, it is at times more than my heart can bear. So here goes the push and pull of my emotions…of what I know to be true – God’s timing is perfect and what my heart aches for – to hold my munchkins in my arms and never let them go.

No comments: