"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Thursday, September 01, 2011

First Day of School

I cannot believe it's September 1, 2011 and the boys are back in school. Where did our summer go?! Praise the Lord we had a very successful first day...AND, both the boys have homework....CRAZY!

It is very strange to see Kyle's class as the current "top dogs". It seems like just yesterday I was sending him off to kindergarten and now *sigh* he is in 8th grade. He was so sweet when he jumped in the car after school...he said, "Sorry I'm a little late, mom, but I needed to help Sam (a new 6th grader) find where the bus lines were." Always ready to be the servant and lend a helping hand.

Kory only has two years left in grade school and I can't hardly believe that either. Where does time go? He has always enjoyed school, but was a little sad after school today because this is the first year he is in a different class than the majority of his friends. So always the "encouraging" mom I said, "Well, you'll just have to make the best of it and make some new friends". I don't think he appreciated that too much. I guess I should have extended a little more grace.

I am sorry that I do not have any pictures to post. I am horrible at remembering to take pictures. I guess that picture will just have to stay in my memories...hee, hee!

Well, here's to a brand new school year, let's hope it's productive! I gotta run...I'll write more on our life in a day or so...until then...take care.

No comments: