"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Chipmunk Where?

On Thursday evening after tucking the boys into bed, Jason and I decided to play ping pong. One game in and Gunner became very interested in some sheetrock stacked against the wall. Upon moving things around and discovering nothing, we went back to our game. But, Gunner just wouldn't leave that corner alone. So curious me decided to move all of the sheetrock out of the way...upon doing so a little chipmunk decided to poke its head out from behind the last piece. Needless to say I screamed and the sheetrock went back into its place. By this point Gunner is going crazy and Jason is having a great deal of fun (at my expense). I ran upstairs and recovered Kyle's BB gun. We now have the chipmunk trapped behind the pile of sheetrock with a BB gun aimed and ready. Because a good shot wasn't possible Jason decided to move all of the sheetrock to the other wall. Well...when he moved the last board the little guy took off up the wall in front of Jason and then behind me (all the while I am wigging out). This little manuever created "fair game" in Gunner's mind and he took off after it. And, he did succeed in catching the chipmunk. A few headshakes and bone crunches later, the chipmunk was dead. Whew...who knew I would have to do some hunting in my own house! However, this ordeal has lended itself a good laugh.

THOMAS THE TRAIN TABLE...the table has been completed! Jason's handy work and my limited artistic talents have made a very happy boy! In fact a new train, Emily, had to be purchased. Can we say spoiled?!

Well, my first game of golf ever was played on Saturday! I would have to say that this is a sport that my evil twin will quite often be revealed. I was told that I did very well for my first time playing. But because of my competive nature, I should have made par on every hole! Maybe I should continue to practice :)

Well we are already off and running this week so let's see what kind of adventures we can find! Hope you all are doing well. God bless ~

No comments: