Welcome... Well, it's official, summer has ended and school has begun. I have survived the first day without any children at home. It's going to take some getting used to, but I think I'll like it just fine.
Our summer was quite enjoyable visiting family and friends. We had many days at the lake jetskiing, tubing and knee boarding. There was an attempt at waterskiing by Jason and I, but to no avail. We took a 5 day trip to North Dakota, where Kyle and I brushed up on our shotgun skills. And, the boys learned to drive Grandpa John's 4-wheeler. Oh, there was also a tractor ride, which I'm sure Kory will never forget.


THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL...
Both the boys were pumped this morning. Kyle, now being a 3rd grader and on a new wing of the school, thinks he's pretty cool. He was up early and already eating when I came out of my room this morning. I had to wake up Kory, but it didn't take too much coaxing once school was mentioned. Kory just thinks it's cool that he is now able to go to school with Kyle. And, because he is turning 5 (in two months), he thinks he's pretty big stuff. I am just very pleased that I left them at the school with big smiles on their faces and bouncing with excitement. Let's just hope the excitement continues for the next nine months.


I hope you enjoyed this tidbit of news. I hope to be more creative with each post.
3 comments:
Yeah!!!
I'm so glad you joined the blog. (Isn't BLOG such a wierd word) Anyway, I'll love checking it to see what's going on with you guys. It will certainly help us feel more connected with what you guys have going on.
Love the accounts of your life! Thanks again for stopping to visit. Hope you had a good trip home. We'll keep checking your page for updates!
It was a good time visiting with you. The rest of the trip seemed to be entirely too long! I believe I have finally caught up on the laundry and house cleaning! Enjoy your weekend and we'll talk to you soon.
Post a Comment