"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The last days of summer...

HOW BEAUTIFUL! I thought I'd capture the last colors of summer. The warm sunny days are slowly disappearing and with that so are the bright, beautiful flowers.













The above photos were taken at my friend's house and the two bottom ones are from my front yard. I was very pleased that I even got anything to grow. My flower bed was so full a few weeks ago, but the deer decided to have a midnight snack. Ahh...after going all summer without even a nibble!














On Monday my washer went caput. Grrr...nothing is more maddening than having your washer quit right after the rinse cycle. Anyway, this necessitated a trip to my friend's house on Wednesday to wash the remaining loads of laundry. I also took care of another one of my friend's little girl, Alaina, on Wednesday afternoon. She is the sweetest thing! We decided to enjoy the sunshine since we hadn't seen it for a couple of days. I was so happy I had my camera along. Can you hardly stand the cutness! She is always up to something and Kory can never resist a pose for the camera.



















Wednesday evening was the big kickoff to the fall schedule at our church. The boys are in One Way Club (similar to Awanas). There were 154 kids ages 4-11. Jason and I are keep busy on Wednesday evenings, while the boys are in One Way, with the youth group. This year has started off wonderfully...90 teens. Jason and I are excited to see what God will do this year in Generation180. Last night we enjoyed an outdoor movie with the kids. It was a little nippy, but that's why they make stocking caps and blankets right?!

Today has been pretty relaxing . Jason worked for part of the day and the boys and I just took it easy. It rained this morning, but now the sun is shining and the boys are outside enjoying it. Jason is mowing the lawn so I think I'll go put my feet up and relax out on the deck.

Have a good week!

No comments: