Kory Douglas came into this world Friday, November 9, 2001 at 5:55 a.m. It's hard to believe that six years have gone by already. My sweet boy is growing up too fast. He came into this world in his own sweet time and still does everything by his schedule. However, he is still full of mercy, joy, determination, humor and spunk.
He came walking into the kitchen yesterday morning with the biggest smile on his face saying, "I'm 6 today!" In my opinion, he is the cutest six year old around, but I am a little bias :)
He had his first "official" birthday party -- 5 of his friends over for games, pizza, cake and ice cream. I think I must have been delirious when I said, "yes" to having 5 additional 6-year olds in my house. All-in-all it went very well and all the boys had fun. After all the boys left, we cleaned up the house before Grandma and Grandpa Olson arrived. Then Kory wanted to watch "Spiderman 3". However, only Kyle and I made it to the end, the rest were watching the insides of the their eyelids.
Today we are celebrating with Grandma and Grandpa, which I'm not sure how much longer Kory will stand looking at the present sitting in the living room. He had to double-check with me this morning to make sure he can open that present today. And also had to clarify one thing... "We can open presents, but you don't have to sing Happy Birthday to me because I'm already six and it's not really my birthday anymore". We must have sounded horrible last night!
Well, one birthday down, one more to go...Kyle's party on Sunday and actual birthday on Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment