We got around 10-12 inches of freshly fallen snow between Dec. 23 & 24, which made for a beautiful white Christmas.
After having to stare at the huge presents under the tree, the boys were finally able to rip into them at around 7pm on Christmas Eve and here are the results...
Kory and his drums
Kory has mastered the "We will rock you" beat quite well. He is still a closet drummer...he will not perform with anyone watching him. But, we are blessed with his "music" quite often. Little does he know that just because he is in his room with the door closed, we can still hear him :)
Kyle's new guitar
Kyle was pumped! Since neither Jason and I play the guitar or know anything about them, Kyle had to wait for Grandpa Harlan to come the next weekend to show him the basic chords. He has slowly been practicing learning the chords, but has decided he needs to find a way to toughen up his fingers, not realizing that if he just sticks with it, it will happen on its own. It's my job this week to get him lined up with lessons. Jason is also contemplating purchasing a guitar for himself and taking lessons with Kyle.
Christmas Day we did nothing but lie around. Well, Jason and I did. After receiving Star Wars Lego's, Epidoe II PS2 game from Uncle Jess and Aunt Sarah, they proceeded to play 10 hours straight. What horrible parents we are!
My dad and his wife visited on New Year's weekend. They intended on staying Friday through Sunday, but a nasty form of virus decided to invade my body and needless to say, I wasn't very hospitable. They left on Saturday night, but before leaving they, together with Jason were able to build walls in our storage room in the basement making one huge room into three smaller ones.
Like I said, I was in bed all day Saturday with 101 temp, body aches, head congestion, cough and to top it off, the virus decided to throw in the stomach flu with it. Outstanding! Thankfully, the stomach flu portion was very short-lived.
Sunday I was feeling much better so my mom and her husband decided to come for a visit. They got here Sunday afternoon and after being here for about an hour, my step-dad was in bed with the stomach flu. Could I possibly get anymore germs in my house?! However, between all of the sicknesses we were able to finish opening all of the presents and the boys were quite excited when one of the unwrappings revealed a Wii. So the rest of the day was filled with playing numerous games of bowling, baseball, tennis and boxing. Jason and I have discovered just how out of shape we are. I seriously pulled a muscle in my butt bowling...honestly...how ridiculous is that!
My mom and step-dad left in the afternoon on New Year's Eve and then we met up with some friends for dinner. After dinner we went and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. Then rang in the new year at their place.
Are you still with me? I am just about wrapped up with the month.
This last weekend Jason and I went with our youth group to Green Bay for Districts Youth Conference. 3200 youth filled 5 hotels in Green Bay for 3 days. It was an awesome, sleep-deprived weekend. By the Tree lead worship each day and God moved in powerful ways through our speaker, Jeff Kline.
So...here we are at the present. We are back into our routine and I am slowly getting through my Monday. So I must end this much overdue post so I can go get groceries so that we do not starve this week. It's bad when you don't even have eggs and bread left. And, I don't want to go through another morning of battling with Kory over which cereal he wants for breakfast, Cornflakes or Rice Krispies. This is the conversation I have had with him every morning since last Friday..."Kory do you want Corn Flakes or Rice Krispies?"..."I want toast."..."We don't have any bread...Corn Flakes or Rice Krispies?"..."But I don't like those cereals. I will have eggs"..."We don't have any eggs. Your choices are Corn Flakes or Rice Krispies"..."But I don't like them"..."Sorry, but that is all we have, you have to choose one"..."Oh, alright! I'll have Rice Krispies, but only with sugar on them." Then I have to sit and watch his pathetic attempts at eating the unwanted cereal. With each bite there comes a new facial expression emphasizing his disgust and displeasure of having to eat this horrible cereal! What drama--he should win an Oscar!
Well, have a great week. Oh, thanks to all of you who sent us Christmas cards, I love hearing about your lives and seeing the new pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment