"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween

Halloween is here again. I really detest this "holiday", but the boys really like having another identity for a couple of hours. It's all for the candy, right?! After the boys gathered their loot and our doorbell rang numerous times, we took the boys out for dinner and bowling (a much better way to spend the evening of Oct. 31st, I think). We met up with good friends of ours and had a blast!
Kory...I mean... Indiana Jones!

Aaaaargh...Captain Jack Sparrow


Looking pretty tough!


A close-up of Indie


Kyle "Jack" Sparrow
Kyle had black eyes for the remainder of the evening!...hee, hee, hee. It's a good thing he wears glasses! As far as the bowling scores...I was the big winner the first game with a whopping 108...and Kyle won the 2nd game with 124....way to go! I like bowling on Wii much better...I can break 200 and I am a pro bowler with a sparkly ball and everything :)
An update on the hunting excursion...Jason came down with a killer cold and was miserable (and still has a cough 2 1/2 weeks later!)....Gunner CAUGHT a skunk 2 hours into the first day of hunting and smelled so bad he could gag a maggot (Jason's words)....so one call to the vet and a home remedy of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and soap scrubbed onto Gunner, the smell was a little less potent. (He still smells like the nauseating smell of puppy breath when you get up close to him!) BUT...they did bring home 9 pheasants...yay!
Last week was pretty relaxing. The boys had Thurs/Fri off of school so we just hung out at home...slept in...stayed in our pj's till noon...you know...those sorts of things! Now we are back into the grind!

Have a great week and God's blessings to you!

No comments: