"We walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Welcome Home, Max!

MAX
Okay...so Max is the surprise from two posts ago! On the way home from Jason's Christmas party, we stopped and picked up our little bundle of joy, Max. The boys had no idea we were getting a new puppy. So....when we arrived home they were so shocked they were speechless (quite an accomplishment for our boys!)
Max's introduction to the boys!



It's been quite an interesting two weeks since Max arrived. Christmas company and a trip to Grandma and Grandpa Olson's...whew! I think we have all weathered the events quite well, but Max did get a little spoiled so this week there has been some curbing of behaviors! I think we are down to a couple of accidents a day (I think he pees on the floor just out of spite!). I have to give him credit...he goes to the door and whines, but if you don't hear him right away, he doesn't wait! Max has quite the personality...a bit incorrigible at times. You know not quite different than a defiant toddler. He tries to play with Gunner, but Gunner really just tolerates him and ignores him if he can. But, that can be hard at times, especially when Max plows into him when he is least expecting it...like when he is trying to scratch his ears! Max has won many battles over the rawhide bones. Gunner's approach is to just walk away and then maybe this annoying little thing will go away! Max loves food and he never fails to finish off his bowl (and Gunner's). But, he hates his kennel! I AM determined to win this battle and he WILL be sleeping in there by next week!

No comments: